The Center is founded in order
to coordinate and promote the research activities been carried in the Ariel University
in the field of materials engineering.
Presently the following research groups are working in the
framework of the Center:
Metallurgy and Applied Nanoscience Research Lab
Laboratory of Composite Films Fabrication
- Laboratory for Materials and Samples Preparation
The special features of the research activities of the Center
are as follows:
- Using of advanced techniques (such as mathematical simulation) for the optimization of
existing materials technologies and development of new technologies and materials.
- Research in a field of materials for energy sources (solid oxide fuel cell, photovolaics
materials, litium-ion battery materials, etc.).
- Solving various ecological problems by means of implementing alternative processes,
utilizing alternative raw materials and developing green materials and technologies.
- Wide application oriented basic investigations aimed at providing strong scientific base
for future applied research projects.
|Prof. Michael Zinigrad
|Head of Materials Research Center