Speech perception is being studied within the framework of temporal processing and in relation to noise. Speech perception studies conducted in the Auditory Perception Lab focus on the origin of difficulties in speech perception among different populations and the effect of environmental factors, such as various types of noise and levels, the use of hearing protection, sleep deprivation and more.
- Fostick, L., Taitelbaum-Swead, R., Kreitler, S., Zokraut, S., Billig, M. (in press). Auditory training to improve speech perception and self-efficacy in aging adults. Journal of Speech, Hearing and Language Research.
- Taitelbaum-Swead, R., Fostick L. (in press). Listening effort among adults with attention Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Journal of Speech, Hearing and Language Research.
- Taitelbaum-Swead, R., Avivi, M., Gueta, B., Fostick, L. (2019). The effect of delayed auditory feedback (DAF) and frequency altered feedback (FAF) on speech production: cochlear implanted versus normal hearing individuals. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 33(7):628-640. PDF
- Fostick, L. (2019). Card playing enhances speech perception among aging adults: comparison with aging musicians. European Journal of Ageing, 16(4), 481-489. PDF
- Mama, Y., Fostick, L., Icht, M. (2018). The impact of different background noises on the Production Effect: Evidence for costs and benefits in free recall. Acta Psychologica, 185, 235-242. PDF
- Ronen, M1., Lifshitz-Ben-Basat, A., Taitelbaum-Swead, R., Fostick, L. (2018). Auditory temporal processing, reading, and phonological awareness among aging adults. Acta Psychologica, 190, 1-10. PDF
- Taitelbaum- Swead, R., Fostick, L. (2017). Audio-visual speech perception in noise: Implanted children and young adults versus normal hearing peers. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 92, 146-150. PDF
- Babkoff, H., & Fostick, L. (2017). Age-related changes in auditory processing and speech perception: cross-sectional and longitudinal analyses. European Journal of Ageing, 1-13. PDF
- Taitelbaum-Swead, R., Fostick, L. (2016). Auditory and visual information in speech perception: A developmental perspective. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 30(7):531-45. PDF
- Taitelbaum-Swead, R., Fostick, L. (2016). The effect of age and type of noise on speech perception under conditions of changing context and noise levels. Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica, 68(1):16-21. PDF
- Fostick, L., Babkoff, H., Zukerman, G. (2014). Effect of 24 h of sleep deprivation on auditory and linguistic perception: A comparison with dyslexic readers and aging adults. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, 57, 1078-1088. PDF
- Fostick, L., Ben-Artzi, E., Babkoff, H. (2013). Aging and Speech Perception among the Elderly: Beyond Hearing Threshold and Cognitive Ability. Journal of Basic & Clinical Physiology & Pharmacology, 24(3), 175-83. PDF