The Schlesinger Center for accelerators and radiation devices is a unique facility that offers major advantages for the research of free electron, light and matter. These advantages are:
• A high charge high quality electron beam.
• A super-radiant high intensity THz FEL
• An expertise in the design and implementation of electron guns, accelerator, and electron-optics.
• An expertise and instrumentation for electron beam, and electromagnetic radiation.
We propose a research center with four subprojects that will exploit these advantages:
1. Theoretical study and simulation support for the experiment, as well as further study on the subject of free electron, light, and matter interaction.
2. Production of a high-quality, low energy electron beam and bunching it.
3. Laser acceleration of a low energy beam utilizing a plasmonic nano-structure.
4. Electron diffraction in matter and Tapering Enhanced Stimulated Superradiace.