- אירוע כבר עבר.
Advanced Models in Supply Chain – Moving from B2B to B2C
דצמבר 10, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Speaker: Shlomo Ehrlich, V.P. Operations, Cardo Systems Ltd.
Time: 12:00 – 13:00
Place: Building #3A, lower conference room, floor 2 (floor 1 in the elevator), Ariel University, Ariel
The last years’ market changes force organizations to review their Supply Chain in order to meet the customers’ expectations and the demand for short lead times. E-Commerce, Amazonization, Digital Supply Chain and others are just a few of the new terms used to describe this major change in our business ecosystem. In order to support the market trends, several Supply Chain models were developed among them we can find:
- The move from Supply Chain to Demand Chain both are part of the organization’s overall Value Chain – move the organization focus from the Vendors to the Customers
- The move from the LEAN Supply chain focusing on efficiency to the new AGILE Supply Chain model focused on responsiveness based on the latest Agile Scrum SW development model
- Shared Supply Chain – Sharing resources along all the supply chain to increase resource availability and utilization based on the Shared Economy models
- Behavioral Supply Chain that explains part of the non-rational decisions taken along the supply chain processes based on the Behavioral Economy
- Flat Supply Chain that presents the need to shorten the supply chain and allow direct connections from the Original vendor to the final users the consumer based on the Flat World model
- Lean Planning philosophy that is based on LEAN Management methodology that enables to reduce the inventory while keeping the organization agility
In this lecture, I will review the market trends focusing on the end customer point of view and their effects on the supply chain processes and Infrastructure. I will also cover the technology trends that are enabling the organization to support the market trends and what are the future supply chain challenges and what is needed in order to fulfill them. My goal is to share with Ariel University’s Industrial Engineering team current market trends in order to align current research and explore future research opportunities.
Shlomo Ehrlich – B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and MBA both from Tel Aviv University. Extensive experience in the initiation, building, and managing of complex Operations & Supply Chain units in Israel leading companies as Verint, Comverse, ECI. Currently, Shlomo is holding the position of V.P. Operations in Cardo systems Ltd. Shlomo teaches Operations & Supply Chain management in leading Universities in Israel – Tel Aviv University, Bar-Ilan University, and more. Shlomo also taught in the past at Ariel University for over 15 years. For the last 5 years, Shlomo is the Chairman of ISCMA – Israeli Supply Chain Association focusing on tightening the connections between the Academy and Industry.