Several projects under the aegis of the Institute are currently underway:
- The Tel Burna Archaeological Project directed by Prof. Itzhaq Shai.
- The ‘Einot Amitai Archaeological Project directed by Dr. Yonatan Adler.
- The Jordan Valley Excavation Project co-directed by Prof. David Ben Shlomo.
- The New South Samaria Survey (NSSS) co-directed by PhD candidate Aharon Tavger.
Previous excavation projects include:
- Excavations at Tel Shiloh, co-directed by Dr. Yonatan Adler together with Binyamin Har-Even (Staff Officer of Archaeology).
- The Khirbet el-Mastarah Excavation Project co-directed by Prof. David Ben Shlomo.
- Excavations at Tell Rumeida (Tel Hebron), co-directed by Prof. David Ben Shlomo together with Emanuel Eisenberg (IAA).