Professor Itzhaq Shai
Vice President, Dean for Research & Development
Ariel University is a young, vibrant and fast-growing university in Israel with the vision of developing into a world-recognized leader in scientific research and excellence. To this end, Ariel University is dedicated to the development of its academic and research infrastructure and collaboration with scientists in Israel and worldwide. Ariel University has doubled its academic faculty since its accreditation in 2012 and has places a strong emphasis on its academic and scientific infrastructure.
The Research Authority functions as the anchor of scientific development at Ariel University and provides constant and vital support for its scientists by:
- Identifying diverse funding opportunities and providing extensive assistance in processing research proposals;
- Initiating collaborations with research institutions and centers in Israel and abroad;
- Providing constant infrastructural maintenance and development of research centers;
- Offering professional support for research funding applications;
- Facilitating effective integration of new researchers;
- Developing and financially supporting postdoctoral and research fellowship programs;
- Promoting the development of our scientists by organizing diverse professional trainings, courses, and seminars.
We at the Research Authority believe that it is our mission to achieve academic and scientific excellence as well as worldwide recognition, thereby making our contribution to the prosperity of our region, Israel, and the entire world.
Prof. Itzick Shai an archaeologist and the director of the Tel Burna Archaeological Project. His research focuses on the Bronze and Iron Ages in the Southern Levant. He completed his PhD at Bar Ilan University and a postdoctoral fellowship at the Semitic Museum of Harvard University. Prof. Shai was a research fellow in the School of Advanced Studies at the Hebrew University and taught at Bar-Ilan University and Yellin Education College. He joined Ariel University in 2012 as a senior lecturer and in 2015 established the newest institute of archaeology in Israel. From 2018-2020, Prof. Shai was the Vice Dean of R&D at Ariel University. He is the editor of two books and has published dozens of articles in peer-reviewed journals. Since October 1, 2020, he has been the Vice President and Dean for R&D at Ariel University.