Professor Albert Pinhasov
Vice President, Dean for Research & Development
Ariel University is a young, vibrant and fast-growing university in Israel with the vision of developing into a world-recognized leader in scientific research and excellence. To this end, Ariel University is dedicated to the development of its academic and research infrastructure and collaboration with scientists in Israel and worldwide. Ariel University has doubled its academic faculty since its accreditation in 2012 and has places a strong emphasis on its academic and scientific infrastructure.
The Research Authority functions as the anchor of scientific development at Ariel University and provides constant and vital support for its scientists by:
- Identifying diverse funding opportunities and providing extensive assistance in processing research proposals;
- Initiating collaborations with research institutions and centers in Israel and abroad;
- Providing constant infrastructural maintenance and development of research centers;
- Offering professional support for research funding applications;
- Facilitating effective integration of new researchers;
- Developing and financially supporting postdoctoral and research fellowship programs;
- Promoting the development of our scientists by organizing diverse professional trainings, courses, and seminars.
In October 2019, Ariel University will open the new Dr. Miriam and Sheldon Adelson Medical School. It will work in close cooperation with the Helmsley Regional Medical Center, is currently under construction on campus, further advancing healthcare research in Israel.
We at the Research Authority believe that it is our mission to achieve academic and scientific excellence as well as worldwide recognition, thereby making our contribution to the prosperity of our region, Israel, and the entire world.
Prof. Albert Pinhasov has served as the Vice President and Dean for Research & Development since 2014. He joined the Department of Molecular Biology at Ariel University in 2005 and served as its chair from 2008-2014. He is the co-founder of the Ariel University Center for Brain Research. In 2014, he and Prof. Yair Shapira established the program for Pre-Medical studies. Prof. Pinhasov is the Director of the Laboratory of Behavioral and Molecular Psychiatry.