I earned my B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering in 2010 and then graduated M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering in 2013 (Specialization in nonlinear estimation) under the supervision of Dr. Avishy Carmi. I received my Ph.D. degree under the supervision of Prof. Shraga Shoval and Dr. Nir Shvalb entitled “Robot Motion Planning in Uncertain Environments” in 2018, all at Ariel University.
Science Park, 3, Ariel, Israel, 40700.
My main research interests are in the field of robotics and control. Specifically, related to problems involved with uncertainty. Its included robot’s motion planning and pedestrian behavior modeling. I am engaged in the research in the field of robotic swarms in booth, deterministic and stochastic scenarios. I also deal with classical control theory and non-linear estimation methods which may be applied to indoor positioning problems (I am a co-founder of a commercial company “indoorGo LTD.”).
- Hacohen, S., Shoval, S., & Shvalb, N. (2017). Applying probability navigation function in dynamic uncertain environments. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 87, 237-246. G.S.
- Shvalb, N., & Hacohen, S. (2018). A SHORT NOTE ON NESTED SUMS. Miskolc Mathematical Notes, 19(1), 591-594.G.S.
- Hacohen, S., Shvalb, N., & Shoval, S. (2018). Dynamic model for pedestrian crossing in congested traffic based on probabilistic navigation function. Transportation research part C: emerging technologies, 86, 78-96. G.S.
- Hacohen, S., Shoval, S., & Shvalb, N. (2019). Probability Navigation Function for Stochastic Static Environments. International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 1-17. G.S.
- Landa, V., Ben‐Moshe, B., Hacohen, S., & Shvalb, N. (2019). GoIn—An accurate 3D indoor navigation framework based on light landmarks. Navigation. G.S.
- R. Valerie et al. (2019). Evaluating Indoor Positioning Systems in a Shopping Mall: The Lessons Learned from the IPIN 2018 Competition. IEEE Access. G.S.
- Hacohen, S., Shoval, S., & Shvalb, N. (2020). The paradox of pedestrian’s risk aversion. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 142, 105518. G.S.
- A. Masuri, O. Medina, S. Hacohen & N. Shvalb, (2020). Gait and Trajectory Optimization by Self-Learning for Quadrupedal Robots with an Active Back Joint. Hindawi, Journal of Robotics
- Medina, O., Hacohen, S., & Shvalb, N. (2020). Robotic Swarm Motion Planning for Load Carrying and Manipulating. IEEE Access, 8, 53141-53150. G.S.
- 1. Hacohen Shlomi and Avishi Carmi. “Consistent EKF-Based Localization Using Multiple Laser Range Sensors”. “The 3rd Israeli Conference on Robotics (ICR), (2010).
- Hacohen Shlomi, Shraga Shoval, and Nir Shvalb. “Motion planning in dynamic uncertain environment using probability navigation function“. Electrical & Electronics Engineers in Israel (IEEEI), 2014 IEEE 28th Convention of. IEEE, (2014).
- Roman Morer, Shlomi Hacohen, Boaz Ben Moshe, Nir Shvalb and Roi Yozevitch. “Improved GNSS Velocity Estimation using Sensor Fusion“. Electrical & Electronics Engineers in Israel (IEEEI), 2016 IEEE 29th Convention of. IEEE, (2016).
- B. Ben-Moshe, V. Landa, N. Shvalb, S. Hacohen. “GoIn—an accurate indoor navigation framework for mobile devices”.Microsoft Indoor Localization Competition, (2017)
- Hacohen, S., Shoval, S., & Shvalb, N. (2017, July). Multi agents’ multi targets mission under uncertainty using probability navigation function. In 2017 13th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation (ICCA) (pp. 845-850). IEEE.
- V. Landa, B. Ben Moshe, S. Hacohen and N. Shvalb. “GoIn- An Accurate 3D InDoor Navigation Framework for Mobile Devices”, International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Nantes, France. (2018).
- S. Hacohen, S. Shoval and N. Shvalb. “Robotic Swarm for Interception Mission using PNF”. The Israeli Conference on Robotics, ICR Israel (2019)
- N. Shvalb, I. Greenblatt, S. Hacohen, O. Medina. “Chladni-patterns driven swarm” the Israeli Conference on Roboticsת ICR Israel (2019)
- David, A. I., Median, O., & Hacohen, S. (2019, November). A Line Of Sight approach for Multi-agent SLAM. In 2019 7th International Conference on Control, Mechatronics and Automation (ICCMA) (pp. 454-458). IEEE.
- Cohen, E., Idelson, Y., Median, O., Shvalb, N., & Hacohen, S. (2019, November). Detecting the Distribution of a Robotic Swarm in Uncertain Conditions. In 2019 7th International Conference on Control, Mechatronics and Automation (ICCMA) (pp. 104-107). IEEE.
- Shvalb, N., & Hacohen, S. (2019). Motion in the Global Coordinates. Autonomous Mobile Robots and Multi-Robot Systems: Motion-Planning, Communication, and Swarming, 65.
- Shvalb, N., & Hacohen, S. (2019). Motion in Potential Field and Navigation Function. Autonomous Mobile Robots and Multi-Robot Systems: Motion-Planning, Communication, and Swarming, 87.
- Kagan, E., Shvalb, N., Hacohen, S., & Novoselsky, A. (2019). Multi-Robot Systems and Swarming. Autonomous Mobile Robots and Multi-Robot Systems: Motion-Planning, Communication, and Swarming, 199.